The White House and much of the chattering class cooed on Friday when unemployment dropped to 9.1 percent and 117,000 jobs were reportedly created in July. But these numbers, upon closer inspection, show no progress on the jobs front.
Buried in the job stats was a number — 193,000 — that dwarfed all the rest. That is the number of workers who left the job market. If 193,000 left and only 117,000 jobs were added, we lost 76,000 jobs. Moreover, this is not an aberration.
*The title references this.
- bamboszpoetry likes this
- katipeaking likes this
- joanatannert likes this
- thats-a-shame reblogged this from laliberty
- nomosshere reblogged this from laliberty
- josephjr reblogged this from laliberty
- thats-a-shame likes this
- kathrynelizabeth15 reblogged this from laliberty
- This was featured in #Politics
- laliberty posted this